Jun 15, 2008

Durian Bombs

I was walking along the 5-foot way near MPPJ on Friday doing my errands when I saw a poster which read "Durian Bombs". Mmmm.. durian..that was the magic word for me. Went into the shop, was rather excited at the thought seeing what these bombs were. Left my handphone in the car, so I was not able to take the poster outside the shop but it looked similar to what they had on the box.


Oh this is one of the outlets or were they distributors of the goodies that Babe told me about a long time ago... Restaurant Sri Karak.


They had quite a good spread of pastries and breads but my intention was to go in to try the durian bomb and their durian tart. But when I looked at their siew pow and egg tart, I decided to get one of each to go. The clever salesperson who served me said "Miss, if you get another 2 pieces, we'll put them in a nice box for you". Sigh.. ok lah.. picked up a chicken pie and a curry puff.


The tiny little round thing at the top right hand corner was the durian bomb. It was so tiny and it looked nowhere near how I imagined a bomb should look like.



The pastry looked a little like the yam puff but the pastry was not as crispy or light. When I broke open the bomb, I was rather disappointed. The filling was so little that you better not breath too hard or it might just fly off.

Durian Bomb


I think it would have been better to stick to their durian tart. They didn't have the durian puff. Perhaps that too would have been better than the durian bomb.

Durian tart

Overall, I was rather disappointed with the pastries there. The siew pow's filling was dry and the rest were average, at best.


I am not sure if the prices of these pastries were cheaper than other places. If they are, then perhaps that could explain their quality :(

Technorati Tags:, ,
Generated By Technorati Tag Generator

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...